Trinity Lutheran Foundation….
Support Today and Tomorrow.
Trinity Lutheran Foundation embraces funds that are graciously provided by God’s people for the good of His Kingdom to support the programs of Trinity Lutheran Church and School.
Trinity Lutheran Foundation has been granted tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Foundation has total assets under management of $663,000. The assets consist of adjacent property ($158M), endowment funds ($478M) and unrestricted funds.
Trinity Lutheran Foundation is limited to receiving grant requests from Trinity Lutheran Church and School. Ministry needs of these entities are constantly chnging. It is hard to anticipate what ministry needs might be in ten, twenty or even fifty years. This need for future flexibility emphasizes the importance of undesignated gifts to the overall sucess of the support program.
Loren Podoll, President
Jack Hildner, Vice President
Bonny Medow, Treasurer
Melanie Sims, Secretary
Jennifer Scheel, Director
Ways to Give
A gift to Trinity Lutheran Foundation may be given with or without designation for a specific area of ministry in which the donor has a personal interest.
- Designated Gifts
Gifts may be designated for a fund already established by the Foundation, Church or School. Gifts may also be designated for a specific area such as education, outreach or capital projects.
- Undesignated Gifts
Undesignated gifts are used to award grants and benefit areas of ministry that need it most. The Foundation Board of Directors is charged with evaluating requests and disbursing funds.
- Endowment Gifts
Long-term gifts with donor intent to preserve corpus and use investment income only may be given with or without restriction. Such gifts are managed by the Board of Directors with help from an outside investment manager.
Trinity Lutheran Foundation
Chartered August 1, 2013, the purpose of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Congregation Foundation, Inc. is to:
- Aid and assist the Church and School through the solicitation and administration of gifts, grants, contributions and bequests.
- Support Christian Education and ministries of Christian care and outreach.
- Support students attending institutions of higher education through scholarships and grants.
- Promote and encourage Christian stewardship among members of the Church and patrons of the School.
Gifting Ministry Areas
- Trinity Lutheran School
- TLS Tuition Assistance
- Education/Development of Professional Church Workers
- Trinity Lutheran Church
- College Tuition Assistance
- Missions and Outreach
- Technology/Equipment replacement (church and school)
- Maintenance Fund